Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Prompt #9

--------meets--------->

On page 222 Ketut is reminded by Liz on the picture he left her with. Liz describes the picture he made as, "...The figure with the four legs ("so grounded on earth") and the missing head ("not looking at the world through intellect") and the face in the heart ("looking at the world through your heart") and he listens to me politely, with modest interest, like we're discussing somebody else's life entirely." I fell like this statement is exactly what yoga teaches; to use your mind, body, heart and soul to make decisions. When she left Ketut 2 years ago this is the image he left her with. This image is one identical to the yoga she learned in India. I feel like this image resonates with me because its something that I aspire to do. I want to know what its like to look through the world with your heart and not your head. Or what its like to be grounded to the earth or not look at the world through intellect. I feel like everything I look at I always think about and it always comes from what other people are going to think. I do not always use my heart to make the decisions but I use what is more sensible or practical for the time.
The thought of being able to link all theses together and use your heart to see and not just your mind and be grounded and not always use intellect to make decisions is beyond me. It was be the most amazing poignant experience. I think that it is something that once you are able to do once you will want to do it again and again until it comes to you naturally. This would be amazing to do because it would give you a whole new perspective of the world and what it means to live..

No comments:

Post a Comment