
So far I love the book eat pray love. Although I do feel that the main character does complain a lot she has the right to. She is almost broke and lost her husband. It is interesting to read because it is unpredictable which makes you want to keep reading. I love Elizabeth Gilbert's writing style although sometimes it can be wordy. From what i have read so far my favorite quote in the book is, " 'To find the balance you want...this is what you must become. You must keep your feet grounded so firmly on the earth that it's like you have four legs, instead of two. That way, you can stay in the world. But you must stop looking at the world through your head. You must look through your heart, instead. That way, you will know God' " (27)
I loved this quote because it told
you that you cant base all your emotions off what your mind tells you. You need to think with your heart as well as your mind. If you lose a piece of the puzzle you cant complete it. So the three piece puzzle (mind body and heart) need to be intertwined to work. Your heart can tell you one thing but your mind can tell you something else. Just like the scene on the bathroom floor. The main character made the decision about her husband with her mind body and heart..
I love this post, Hannah. Great details, images, and personal reflection. Keep it up!
ReplyDelete