
A struggle I have had within myself is everything about the college process. I am hearing all different stories and pressures from friends and family. There is a pressure to get into a good college, to write an amazing essay ect. All of the stress is adding and adding to the point where i want it all to stop...
Me: ok I'm going to sit down and write this college essay and get it to the college advisor ASAP.
Mind: You have to write this perfect the first time because if there is anything wrong with it you will have to do it all over.
Me: Well I will probably need to make corrections, as would anyone. This is only a first draft I have 2 months.
Mind: Exactly first draft plus all the supplement questions for the colleges. Your never going to finish all this in 2 months and then expect it to get you in.
Me: I can do this I just have to be diligent with my time and work hard and focus on what my priorities are that way I can go.
Mind: Do you really want to go to college? Or do you feel like your obligated to? Decisions....
Obligation is a strange feeling, especially when we have been brought up in a society that deems it necessary to go to college. I personally really want to go to college, and am a little frustrated at myself that I didn't do what I could have in the earlier years of high school, but I think we go to a school that helps us with the process in ways that other schools don't.
ReplyDeletemy.life.in.a.nutshell. And since I have not even begun the thought of writing my essay, I am procrastinating this frustration and feeling of "obligation" But I read your essay, and loved it, so don't sweat! lovers you :)
ReplyDeleteCollege is so stressful and the pressure to succeed and be prepared is tough. It is hard to keep a settled mind with so many variables, but it's comforting to know that you're not alone in this process.
ReplyDeleteahhhh the college talk, it's so stressful already and school has just started. But I really like this piece, especially since it's relatable to everyone in the class because we are all applying to colleges.
ReplyDeletecollege is such a scary thought and having to sit down and write an essay that can change your future is awful. i think a lot of people can relate to this mind battle. i really liked it!
ReplyDeleteI feel i have had this thought cross my mind. It is written in such a way that makes it easy for people to relate to, not just with only college but with other things in life that get you stressed out.
ReplyDeleteI think it's interesting how there could be a deeper meaning to what your mind is telling you. My post was kind of similar to this. (about the college process.) I think the future is a really scary thing for all of us, and it's interesting how you and your mind argued.
ReplyDeleteWhat is college? No just kidding. But man, I can't believe it's that time already. I love how you and your mind are sort of working hand in hand and encouraging each other. your mind also challenges you to think. Such a good topic to choose your struggle o
ReplyDeleteHannah I COMPLETELY know what your talking about. This entire process has made me more stressed out than I ever have been before. I like the way you are almost creating your own checklist with yourself in this post and how you end it with a very broad question that makes your reader ask themselves that same question. Great Job!
ReplyDelete